Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tuesday Musings #26

Birthdays

So, it was Amy's turn to pick and since she turned 40 this past week birthdays is our subject. Here's the thing, I don't really like my birthdays. Amy is usually the only person (not living with me) who consistently remembers my birthday. I'm usually sick for some reason. I think my birthdays went sour when I turned 7 and had a birthday party. We didn't get birthday parties every year growing up because there were simply too many of us to have parties every year. I was sick, of course, and insisted on having the party anyway (it had already been delayed once) and barfed at the party. I don't remember much except for the fact that it sucked. They really haven't improved at all over the years.
In other birthday news, Luc will be turning one in a couple of weeks and I need to decide what kind of cake to make for him. My friend, Cresta, has a Smurf cake pan I could borrow. I also saw a cute hippo cake pan at a flea market but they wanted $5 for it and I'm not sure I want to spend $5 for a cake pan I'll use once. Any opinions?

1 comment:

A&J said...

you could always get the hippo pan and then force your kids to have hippo cakes for years to come in order to feel you've gotten your money's worth.