Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tuesday Musings #11

Growing up what extra curricular activities did you get to try? Which activity was your favorite and which was your least favorite? If you didn't have an opportunity which do you wish you could of tried? Pictures Please! :)
I wasn't really one for extra curricular activities, unless you consider doing all I could to avoid curricular activities an extra curricular activity. Remember all those John Hughes films about the losers vs the cool kids/jocks and the losers always came out on top? Well, I was Watts in Some Kind of Wonderful without the hot boyfriend at the end of the movie. I was what some might have considered a slacker, a loafer, a punk.
I know, you're shaking your head saying, 'not Claire.' But, I guarantee it is the truth. The cheerleaders even started a rumor that I was a lesbian. I missed 1/3 of the required about of gym my junior year and still passed because the very masculine, female gym teacher thought I was entertaining (she even had a pet name for me I won't repeat). I bummed rides off my friends all through high school and can't honestly say all of my past times were completely legal. My parents accused me on a regular basis of appearing to be homeless. I dyed my hair more colors than the rainbow. My home-EC teacher tried to get me suspended because she didn't like that I wore my hair half covering my face. And I spent the last year of high school grounded, yep, the whole year. I was a John Hughes character.
Maybe I am a little more like Watts than I first assumed. I didn't get the hot guy in high school but I did get the dreamy guy in the end...

No comments: