Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tuesday Musings

So, this is almost two weeks late. If offer no lame excuses, I'm just a big, fat slacker. So, here is my favorite chocolate recipe this week (I have so many I rotate them):

Quick (aka Vegan) Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Glaze Icing

3 cups sifted flour (I don't sift this)
6 Tbsp cocoa powder (from your bucket)
2 tsp baking soda (not from the back of the fridge, please)
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp vinegar (I use the apple cider variety)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups cold water

Use 2 9x9 pans.
Mix dry ingredients.
Mix wet ingredients.
Add dry to wet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. About 20 min for cuppycakes.

Glaze:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons half and half
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons corn syrup
Melt all ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring continually. Spread over one cake, place second cake on top and ice that thing. Then eat until you pass out.
I wish I could take credit for this but Cresta was kind enough to give me the cake recipe and the glaze comes from Becky's Flourless Chocolate Cake which is heaven on earth (I'm not sure I'm ready yet to share a recipe that is so close to my heart, maybe next time.)

No comments: