Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tuesday Musings #10

Do you collect anything? If so, what? If not then, why…or what would you collect if you had to start a collection? Pictures please!
So here's my lame excuse for doing my Tuesday Musings on a Thursday: The camera batteries were dead and needed charging and I had no pictures of my mirrors so I had to charge the batteries and take pictures before I could post. Maybe next week I'll be on time.
Well, if you haven't figured it out, I collect mirrors. I love mirrors with cool frames. I saw one I loved in a gallery in Socorro, NM when I was visiting my brother Matt. I bought it and the rest is history. This one I found in a back alley art shop in Conway, NH.
I got this one at a garage sale for 25 cents.
I don't know how many I have now. Some of my favorites are the large mirror that Grandma Blanche just gave me that has been in our family for years; the other large mirror in my collection (most of them are very small) that Matt and Steph got me while on their honeymoon; the little mirror made out of soda cans that they got me in South Africa; and a hand mirror that my parents bought my in Peter's Valley (an artists' community in NJ).
The latest addition to my collection is a mirror with a beautiful classic frame that my in-laws got me for my birthday.
My dream is to one day have a house of our own where I can put all the mirrors very close together and fill up the entire wall with my eclectic collection. One day.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Claire,
I never thought to collect mirrors! How fun because you can find them for most any occasion and in alot of cool designs. Maybe I should start looking,
or better yet maybe I should make you one! Watch out!