Friday, June 6, 2008

FFA #12

When Technology Goes Too Far...
I don't think technology goes far enough. Let's face it, if we have the know-how to have everything done for us by robots, why the hell do I still have to stuff?!? I want housecleaning robots. I want to stand on a conveyor belt and ride through my shower in the morning. I want to lift my arms and have clothes put on me. I want a huge vacuum that comes down from the ceiling, sucks up all of Theo's toys and sorts then neatly into their respective bins. I want a potty training robot that tracks Theo as he moves around the house, recognizes when he is ready to go to the bathroom, lifts him up and sticks him on the toilet. I want a robot that changes Luc's diaper. I want something that actually picks cat hair up off of furniture. I want lasers all over my house that set off alarms when Theo gets into stuff he's not supposed to. And I want a car that folds into a briefcase.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Genius!

I'd like a robot to perfectly apply my makeup and do my hair. (I think I'd look much better.)

Here's the question. How is it that all of the Jetsons are so thin? I mean, if they're riding on conveyor belts everywhere, basically never moving a muscle....how is it they don't all weigh 500 pounds? Maybe they've got a liposuction robot hidden in the closet that just never made it on the show....

Peggy said...

It is amazing that we didn't live in total and complete filth when we were roommates. I mean, we certainly didn't cook (unless you count baking tatertots and microwaving popcorn cooking!) but how is it, with our combined laziness, we actually got our deposit back??

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Amen, sista, AMEN!

I'll take the turbo charged Gourmet Cook & Clean 5000 please.

Rebecca said...

Amen to that! My husband and I were just talking about the life the Jetson's lead. We were quite jealous!