Friday, May 16, 2008

FFA #9

Okay, we all know everyone has wonderful, cherished family and holiday traditions we just couldn't live without. (I mean, hey, where would Halloween be if I didn't traditionally sneak candy out of my kids treat bags after they've gone to bed?)
But what are some of your traditions that you could really do without?

Since most of my family's traditions center around food, I really like most of them. I like food. Holiday food is the best because it is usually high in sugar and fat and tastes so much better than everyday food. I really like holiday food. Growing up, Christmas was the only time we got junk cereal too. I looked forward to that all year long. Let's not forget candy. Candy is integral for all holiday celebrations. We need the sugar to keep up the energy needed for holiday gaiety.
The only complaint I have is that we used to get our Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. This was not a "tradition" per se but came about because the trees were usually marked down to no less than 50% off by then. I always wished that we could put the tree up earlier and spread the joy out a little bit longer.
Yeah, I've pretty much got a blank slate to start from for our kids. I think I'll keep the good food thing going. It works for me. Matt didn't bring many traditions to the table either. I'm pretty sure he's happy with the food theme.

No comments: