Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday Musings

This week's Tuesday Musings assignment was to write a sonnet about potty training (or for those who can't handle potty training talk right now, some other mess that your child has made). I am a terrible poet but here it is:

It had begun with a doll and a smear,
In he strutted with a smile, not a frown,
In me it brought not a smile but a tear,
For to see his poop as he had lain down.
He has long given up on his diapers,
Preferring to dance and sway in the buff.
As he grows and keeps getting more hyper,
I have the need so much more to be tough.
This may be a new low for my wee pip,
Blaming his poop on a guiltless poupee.
I had mind to fling him over my hip.
But to laughter my tears had to give way.
I know in my heart he will use the pot,
To that day I look forward a whole lot.

Here are the accompanying videos. WARNING: Not for the weak of stomach!! Watch at your own risk!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Potty training does get easier by the way. The popping is the hardest part for them to accomplish (at least for mine it was but he is managing now). Good luck. BTW...nice to meet you!!!

Rebecca said...

very nice! yes this was hard...but I appreciate an opportunity to stretch myself. This was pretty gross but a priceless and hilarious memory!!